Saturday, November 28, 2015

After Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Post

When I posted about how I was thankful for certain things, I neglected to add something.

No, someone.

Several someones.

We'll call them Joe, Cassie and Brent.

We don't talk anymore much at all. But good grief. I'm writing an Illustration essay that illustrates what I think makes a true friend. And man.

You know I listen to music while I write a lot, right? Well, Those Nights by Skillet... Writing about what a true friend is... and man the tears and the memories just start flowing back.

I don't even know if 'Joe,' 'Cassie' and 'Brent' even read this blog. But I just wanted to give them a completely indirect shout out before I go back to trying to write this essay and try not to break down.

You guys meant the world to me. You still do. I would not be here if God hadn't put you in my life. I really wouldn't. I mean, I would no longer be on Earth. For real. You guys were the Light of Jesus to me. My shoulders to cry on, my confidantes, my best friends, my outlets to vent to, the people who believed in me, smacked me over the head, gave me a reality check, loved me when I was unlovable, cared when I thought nobody would or could, listened when nobody else did, called me Shorty when I hated it and made me your armrests.

I actually didn't mind it. 'Brent,' bro, you are the one person I don't mind being an armrest for. 'Joe,' man, we went through so much together. 'Cassie,' we have fought over the stupidest things and I am so glad you still stuck with me.

Some of us are separated by states. Some, by a few suburbs. But no matter the distance, we still made it. 'Cassie,' you've been by me the longest. Seen us both grow up into strong young women (though I'm positive you're stronger than me). We're both busy, but if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask. 'Brent,' you were there at my darkest, and I was there for yours. We made it this far, bro. Let's both keep chasing our dreams. And 'Joe,' bro, we were ridiculous. Still are.

I'm honored, privileged, thankful to have called you three my friends. No matter how far we drift apart, if I never see you three again, just know that you made me who I am and I am so thankful to God for making you guys. I'll always remember you. I'll never quit praying for you guys.

I love you crazy people. :) <3

--Sonya

1 comment:

  1. Love you Sonya.....Besties may be desperated in distance but no one can separate our hearts.
    ~Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Update on Life in 2019

It's been a while and there's a reason for that (and that's also why I renamed this blog what I renamed it, HAH!). Drum roll, ...