Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hey...It's Wednesday!!!!

So, it's been a little over a week since I started this blog. It's October, which means that Halloween is just around the corner!!!! And after that...November!!
For some, that means that Thanksgiving is coming! For others...NaNoWriMo is nearly here!
"What is this, this, NaNoWriMo you speak of?" you ask.
National Novel Writing Month. Write 50,000 words in 30 days.
Big undertaking, right? Honey, you don't know the half of it! :)
Well, I did NaNoWriMo last year. It was really fun! And since I'm homeschooled, I have a ton of time on my hands, so instead of 50,000 words, I did 100,000 words. In under 30 days.
Yes, in case you're wondering, I am crazy.
Now, because of this craziness, and the madness of writing 50,000 words in 30 days, there are a few things that I found very useful:
1. COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE
Yes, I'm 15 years old and I drink coffee.
2. Computer
Sooo much easier than counting every single word you write in a notebook.
3. MORE COFFEE
4. Notebook and pencil
Sometimes, when your story is going nowhere, brainstorming with a notebook and a pencil helps.
5. MORE AND MORE COFFEE
6. Music
Music helps me get into the mood of writing, and having background music while you're writing an epic scene makes it feel more real.
7. Did I mention coffee?
8. Cozy spot to write
9. Cozy blanket to curl up in
10. Writing buddy (optional)
There ya have it, folks. Sonya Noble's list of survival gear for NaNoWriMo.
And because I'm homeschooled, I asked my mom if my English assignment could be NaNoWriMo for the month of November. In your FACE public schoolers!!!! =D
TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on Life in 2019

It's been a while and there's a reason for that (and that's also why I renamed this blog what I renamed it, HAH!). Drum roll, ...