Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dreaming....

What's your dream? No, not the bizarre sleeping kind you have after eating cold pepperoni pizza or bad shrimp.
Do you dream of becoming a rock star? A famous author? A doctor? Of just graduating from high school? 
Whatever it is, don't you ever give up on that dream. It's something to push for, something to make you keep stretching your limits, something to fight for with all your might.
Like one of my favorite bands said, 
"I need to live my dreams not just in my sleep
I've been holed up here but it's time to leave
I need to make my move while I've air to breath...
We were born with wings
We were made to fly
We were meant to live while we're still alive!"
---Superchick, Alive
Listen, the opportunity's not gonna just drop into your lap like in the movies. You have to fight for it! 
I want to be a famous author, a public speaker and a plethora of other things, but in order to do any of those things, I need to keep pushing. I need to shoot for the stars, go after my dream, and not give up.
That doesn't mean I won't get discouraged. Dude, we all get discouraged at some point in time.
What defines us is whether or not we get past that and keep going.
So keep going, don't give up, and when life gets ya down...*once again quoting a song from Superchick*
"It feels like I have lost this fight
They think that I am staying down
But I'm not giving up tonight
Tonight the wall is coming down
I am stronger than my fears
This is the mountain that I climb
Got 100 steps to go
Tonight I'll make it 99
One more
Go one more
Yeah, yeah
Don't stop now
Go one more
Yeah, yeah
One more 
Go one more 
Go one more
Yeah, yeah..."
---Superchick, One More :) 




1 comment:

  1. You're never too young or to old to fight for your dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete

Update on Life in 2019

It's been a while and there's a reason for that (and that's also why I renamed this blog what I renamed it, HAH!). Drum roll, ...