Thursday, April 2, 2015

It's April, April Fools, and IYC'15

Sooo it's the 1st of April.

And the first day of Illinois Youth Convention 2015.

We missed the first service, buuttt oh well haha. No joke, we literally walked in when service was ending, we were all super duper bummed.

And I have a cold. Sadly, no joke there either. Stuffed/runny nose. Sneezing. No fun, but when you forget about it 'cause you have an awesome youth group who makes you laugh so hard you think your stomach's gonna turn into a rock and your head's gonna explode from laughing so much, it's all good.

Anyways. April's a new month. I passed my Astronomy course, so on to new stuff!!

And by 'new stuff' I mean, Western Civ. 1 that I didn't get done last month, and a Leadership and Communications Management course this month. Oh, and finishing up Intro to Statistics.

*In Stitch's voice* College means busy. Busy means nobody gets any free time. Or breaks. Unless your mother gives you an executive order that "YOU WILL TAKE SPRING BREAK OFF WITH THE REST OF US BECAUSE YOU NEED IT OR ELSE!!!!"

Okay, I take some breaks. Like, a few hours a day. Ya know, sleeping, watching Naruto, chillin' on Facebook, procrastinating a bit here and there, you get the gist. But no 'real' breaks. Usually, when I eat (if I remember to go get food from the fridge, that is) I do it while I do school work. More convenient that way.

But this week... It's been nice. No school. I mean, prepping for next course by cruising the course site and checking the breakdown of what's gonna happen during the course and what assignments and stuff are due isn't really work for me. It's like doing research for a book. Fun, daunting, exciting, etc.

Trying to juggle college work and Bible Quizzing (We have our big Bible Quizzing Extravaganza coming up where we quiz for basically 3 days straight, it's gonna be awesome but looong and hard haha, pray for me O.O) is a bit hard, but I finally figured out how to do it. Yeah, it means giving myself more time to finish my degree and pushing away some stuff, but it's worth it.

Bible Quizzing is something I've wanted to do for years. When I was two or three, I was running around in the basement with my friends, playing before Wednesday night service. That was the first time I saw a quiz practice. My much older teenage friends were up there, hitting this big button to answer questions, and I decided that day that I really wanted to hit that big button. But I was told I couldn't because I didn't know the verses. So I decided I would learn the verses.

Well, I didn't get to hit that big button that year, or even the next, or even the next. It was about 12 years later, and moving from Tennessee (where I first heard about Bible Quizzing) to Minnesota (where I heard about it again but wasn't able to participate) and finally to Illinois where a lady and her family from Texas ended up moving to Chicago to help out the same Home Missions church that we were trying to help out, that I was finally able to hit that button.

Mind you, it'd shrunk quite a bit to our modern handheld 'buzzers', but I was finally able to learn those verses and hit that button.

And yes, it's just as awesome as I thought it'd be, in my young, 2 or 3 year old mind.

I said all that to say this: Do what's important to you. Whether it's school, art, Bible Quizzing, music, whatever, take the time to do it. What you invest your time in will eventually give back to you. Find a way to balance what you have to do and what you're passionate about. And hey, maybe those two will one day end up becoming the same thing. That's what people keep telling us, right? 'Follow your dreams', 'follow your passion'.

If you don't know what your passion is, meh, it's never too late to find it. Pray, let God lead you. And if you know what it is, let God keep leading you to wherever that passion will take you.

For those of you on Spring Break, have a good one!!! And for those of you who aren't, keep holding on, weekend's coming soon!!!! :D

God bless!!

--Sonya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on Life in 2019

It's been a while and there's a reason for that (and that's also why I renamed this blog what I renamed it, HAH!). Drum roll, ...