Friday, October 17, 2014

Random Thought of the Day Involving Music and Jesus

Well, I waited for about 2 hours in the Doc's office 'cause of something weird that's been going on with my chest since Saturday (like, I was laughing, and then it was like there was some kind of huge weight on my chest and good GRIEF it hurt so I haven't been able to laugh, and it gets pretty bad when I cough, and it's just annoying gaaahhh), I've also got some kind of cold, so on top of pressure on chest I also feel like garbage, and I also have to do college work. Oh, and tonight we're supposed to go to my cousins' house, spend the night, and then tomorrow I got music lessons.

I need prayer, people.

But hey, on the bright side, I've gotten a bunch of NaNo planning done, they got free wifi, and I'm currently rocking out (in my mind) to TFK's newest album Oxygen Inhale.

So I just had a random thought the other day: Why do people like, LOVE and are OBSESSED with certain kinds of music and singers?

Well, it's actually pretty simple. When nobody else was there and they were falling apart, the only thing that kept them from giving it all up was music. It was that singer's lyrics, the way it just helped pick up the pieces and put them back together, made everything make sense. The only reason some people are still alive is because of music.

Okay, so you gotta be careful what kind of music you listen to. It's not all good, and what you pump into your head can destroy you just as much as being suicidal will. But I'm not talking about that stuff, I'm talking about the good stuff.

So why do we make fun of those people who have different tastes in music? You've never been in their shoes, you haven't walked the road they've walked, been through the things they've been through.

It's also kind of interesting if you apply that to everyone. Why are atheists making fun of Christians simply because they believe that there's a God? Why do people make fun of/discriminate against other people who aren't like them?

I'm actually not offended if people call me a Jesus freak. Dude, call me that all day, you don't know what He's brought me through, I hope that you think that I'm a Jesus freak. The only reason I'm still alive is because He brought me through some tough times. And yeah, He used music a lot to get through to me.

There's just something about music that brings you to another world. It's like you can either escape everything, or you can finally make sense of the mess inside of you. I heard a preacher describe music as being made in Heaven, not on Earth, and that's why it can do some crazy things like. Obvs, Satan twisted music to his own purposes and that's why we have some... shall we say, interesting singers and even more interesting music.

Anyways, just a thought. Music is God's and He can use it any way He likes, to reach people, to convict, to love, whatever.


Love you guys. God bless, have a wonderful weekend!!!!

--Sonya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on Life in 2019

It's been a while and there's a reason for that (and that's also why I renamed this blog what I renamed it, HAH!). Drum roll, ...